Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Chicag08 Day 7 - Tuesday (last day)

Today's the last day and I'm bummed-out. But at the same time, glad that I get to go home, see my dog, and get some extended sleep/rest. I'm tired but could probably last two more days. God has been awesome in providing us with what we need everytime. If you read the main Chicag08 blog and Pastor Rob Wegner's blog then you'll know what I'm talking about.

We got back around 6:45 PM and we were surprised by a welcome home signs everywhere at the church. I thought that was very nice of them.

All in all, this was an amazing experience. Our students stepped-up big time. I am so proud of each and everyone of them. Many friendships were formed. And they all acted as one. This is probably one of my best mission trips yet, if not the best.

Here are some pictures...

The baseball field.

Jeff ready to play some ball. Pastor Bone is the catcher. DC's shooting the video.

The work that we've done. God provided the dirt, which is the same dirt being used in major baseball fields around the country.

Restoration project that never happened. Good thing the people of God came.

Our girls talking to Pastor Bone and his ministry's kids. Pastor Bone is amazing, he invited us next month to watch the Sox' play.
I hope we get to go.

Here's Chris with one of the kids in there. They are really amazing! We get to be friends with them and treated us as family.
We even played football and baseball and had lots of fun. They can't wait to see us again.

No comments: